Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tagged!!!!!

Tagged!!! Tagged!!! Then maybe Tagged!! Again?

.

Sarah has tagged me and so has Thalia and before I am tagged again let me say after nearly a year of blogging I have been tagged enough LOL.

Thalia’s tag:

Post a blog of your own with directions of how to play the game, list 6 weird facts about yourself .Who ever is tagged has to choose 6 people, list their names and then post something in their comment boxes letting them know that they have been tagged.

Sarah’s Tag:

Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves.

People who are tagged need to write on their blog about their 7 things as well as these rules. (I am going to do more than 7 because I am bored!)

At the end of your blog, you have to choose 7 other people to tag and list their names. - Don’t forget to leave them a comment to let them know that they've been tagged and to read your blog.

I will do a tag to answer both these tags and try for the seven questions.

Do not feel obliged to do this tag unless you feel it to be fun and wish to have a go at it either in my comments section here or on your own blog page.

Number 1 weird/fact/habit

When I was a young girl of about 6 I loved to ride my 3-wheeler bike down the footpath out the front of our house. At the time I had a broken arm but that would not stop me from whizzing down the path which had a slight decline to it as it passed the front of our house. I remember coming in from school and being told if I am riding my bike not to ride it without my shoes. The shoes were not on my feet when I whizzed down the path that day with my feet out from the pedals whilst steering the bike with the one good arm and the other one in a sling.

Well the bike went all wobbly and I tried to get my feet back onto the pedals and as I did my second to smallest toe was chopped neatly off and left hanging by a slither of skin. I remember feeling remorseful all the way to hospital for not wearing my shoes as had been requested of me. So the old ether went over my face and the toe was stitched back on, only to turn black and back I went for more ether and a total toe removal. Today I heard of a man cutting his hand off with a chainsaw and he placed the hand into the fridge while he awaited help. As the procedure for reconnecting lost limbs and digits has advanced to such high success rates, I am sure he will have a good chance of success with this reconnection. Moral of the story: I hated the smell of the ether back then thank goodness things have progressed in the medical field and I am still less half a small toe.

Number 2 fact:

I met Prince Charles at an afternoon tea function many years ago and had a lovely little chat to him about the brooch I was wearing on my outfit. The brooch had small feathers on it, as part of its design and The Prince told me what type of feathers they were. All in all a very short, sweet, encounter and The Prince was very charming indeed.

Number 3 fact:

Whilst on a trip to a deserted tropical island in Fiji, a small group of us thought we would cir cum navigate the island whilst the crew from our catamaran cooked our food. We were told that when we heard the blast from the big Kauri shell horn, that lunch was about to be served and we were to come back to the shelter hut for lunch. The circumnavigation became quite a chore after the initial spell binding moments we shared with the local hermit crabs and fauna. As it turned out the back of the island had no sandy beach and was submerged in seawater right up to the land with no beach to walk on. Rather than retreat back we thought it was only a small walk, swim to get around and then we would be back for our lunch. Oh yes we were fully clothed BTW. As we neared the end of our journey after falling down into under water crevices and fighting whatever else we encountered underwater we all finally arrived after lunch had been eaten, by those who were less adventurous and had stayed behind. Well!, suffice to say they did leave us some food. There were four of us explorers and we were invited to eat with the captain and crew who were about to eat and we were given some of the native food that they were eating, to try also. All in all a very wondrous experience, the whole day turned out to be exciting to say the least.

Number 4 fact/weird:

Never ask me to sing Karaoke. I love to sing in the car to my cd’s or to the songs on the radio. In fact you could catch me singing at anytime.

The problem is my singing is so pathetic that at a party once, which was in full swing with Karaoke machine blarring, I was left with one other participant with whom to sing along. Everyone else cleared out. LOL.

Number 5 Fact:

I just love antique shops and snooping around looking at all and everything, and I also enjoy the Antique shows that we now see here on TV. Like Antique Road Show etc. I have a collection of books that identifies antiques and I can refer to the books anytime I wish to know about something. I do have a few unique items and generally these days I am particular what I buy.

Number 6 Fact:

When I was young and not particularly experienced at driving I was in a position to be on the end of a towrope in a car I had never driven before. Everything was progressing well until the car that was towing me stopped at a stop sign. I went for the brake to stop the car and as I pushed nothing happened I just kept going. The back of the car was looming close and I quickly jerked the car around to the other cars drivers side. That’s the right side here of the car. The tow rope slack caught up and I jerked to a stop right next to the driver of the towing vehicle. A look of total amazement ensued as I explained how the brakes had failed. When I was asked which pedal I was pushing down on I realised I was pushing in the clutch instead of the brake Big Duhh!!!! Moment. Thankfully I had averted a big mishap by my quick thinking LOLLL.

Number 7 Fact/habit/weird:

I love to go out and about camera in hand and snap unusual photos. Especially of old buildings and nature, children, people and just about anything really. The picture above is of a gypsy caravan, (I have a fascination for gypsies) and I would love to move around like a gypsy photographing and writing and journaling about my adventures as I go. That’s my dream!!

Milli 2007 and consider yourselves tagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment