Thursday, July 5, 2007

Response to Vinod's Painting.

My Response to Vinod's Painting.

Reflections on Still Waters.

Blue, blue, still and tranquil

The lake is calm today

Sky above white fluffy clouds

My little boat held secure

Sitting quietly tied to its moorings

Just a small boat on still waters.

Recalling my own moments upon reflection

How much I am that small rudderless boat

Sitting on my own vast ocean

At times trying hard to keep afloat

It was only yesterday my boat rocked to and fro

Where it was heading I did not know

The shore was far and I could not see

Bleak and grey the sky with no blue on show

As I tossed and tumbled in the whirlpool of life

Rudderless, reckless never at ease

Up one moment and down the next

Wandering aimless with naught to please

It seemed I chose the storms of life

Rough riding them out usually in fear

My little boat at the mercy of my feelings

Even when the safety of the shore was near

It is not like that today as I sit quiet and still

I have learnt the joy of steering my own boat

Never again in the restless grey sea

Tossing and turning trying to keep afloat

Now I Understand that my own still waters run deepest

The far reaches of the sky are a part of me

And distant mountains in a blue, blue sky

Imbibe in my spirit and set it free.

On this day as I sit and watch my little boat

I feel contentment whilst enjoying the Tranquility

With Love in my heart and understanding

My own little boat is in total, peaceful, harmony.

Milli 2007

Thank you Vinod for the opportunity to once again participate in another of these Masterpiece Challenges.

See Vinod's page for more creative representations of the surreal painting above. Expertly executed by Mr Vinod L. with interpretation by myself in the above verse.

I did a story to Vinod's last challenge and if you did not read my story for the beautiful painting earlier, then you can read it here now.

The Story of Maya.

http://meoddn.imeem.com/music/abSVkY4s/still_waters/

No comments:

Post a Comment