This complex consists of a small cottage, a barn and outbuildings. The 1866 map of Port Willunga shows this allotment as the property of E.Johnson. It was later owned by Mrs Charlotte Ellbourne, wife of Arthur Edward Ellbourne, who was a sea-captain. They were married when Charlotte was the age of 15, and had 11 children. Arthur was often absent at sea, so Charlotte managed the farm on her own and neighbours used to come to her with billy-cans to collect milk for their daily needs. Charlotte lived in the home until her death in 1933. The house has since been owned by a number of people and has been both holiday house and permanent residence. The low scale of the building and chimney indicate an early date of construction, and the Walls of the cottage are decorated with geometric patterns of shells.