Monday, September 27, 2010

A Challenge ~ To Write a Story For This Image

Playing around in Flickr with a night shot of mine I created this poster and now wonder if anyone would like to write a story, poem or whatever for the image?

If so feel free to copy and paste it into your post and come back and leave a link for others to drop by and read your creative expression for this Image.

Milli 10

Introducing Bill's Poem inspired by The Image Above.

Thank You Bill

Motivated by my Avatar and Milli's Art.
Deep the Earth but how high the Sky?

From Canyons deep to Mountain high
To the Heavens above where mystery lies.
The Afterglow shows us the only way 
Humanity, Life, at the end of its day.

A place where all things eventually go
Some call it Heaven, others Hell
A spin of the wheel? Our very last throw?
Whatever it is, no one can tell

From Canyons deep we gaze its walls
Each Nook and Cranny displayed
Within, the clue of that yet to befall
Look not at nor meet it in dismay.

The way we live will be the same
With others like me, we made our claim
Fear not the Afterglow, we did choose it in life?
It's ours forever, our past survives.

Energy cannot be created
Neither can it be destroyed
Our last look at life now leaves us
For its continuous future into a void

When Canyons deep join Mountains high
Heading to join an emboldened sky
Our Centrifuged mass needs no Undertaker
Earth and we, on its way to God, our Maker
©Bill
Einstein ?
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed

22 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds like fun! Awesome poster and title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Tracy will we see something from you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonny anything coming into that creative mind of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. will try milli.....at night....

    rushing to get my hair cut right now....grins.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pic looks interesting and it might have a tale to tell. I'll be back if I can come up with something....as soon as I wrap up a story for another writing group. How much time do i have to submit this story/poem?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice time at the hairdressers Sonny and then when you are feeling creative please write for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nik take your time and I welcome your post when it is ready. Please drop a link here when done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool Milli, did you play in Picnik?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it was Picnik Mia..like that very much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I must test out Picnik a bit more than I've done so far. Do you have a premium account?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...I will put on my thinking cap and return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me it gives the impression of power from outer space spreading out a mystic influence.
    Alas I have lived a protected life, relative to such power, and feel unable to contribute.
    It is much too clever for me. Frightening even.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No Amalie, this was done using all the free features.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow bill put all this in a poem and wham, you have contributed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here it is.


    Motivated by my Avatar and Milli's Art.
    Deep the Earth but how high the Sky?

    From Canyons deep to Mountain high
    To the Heavens above where mystery lies.
    The Afterglow shows us the only way 
    Humanity, Life, at the end of its day.

    A place where all things eventually go
    Some call it Heaven, others Hell
    A spin of the wheel? Our very last throw?
    Whatever it is, no one can tell

    From Canyons deep we gaze its walls
    Each Nook and Cranny displayed
    Within, the clue of that yet to befall
    Look not at nor meet it in dismay.

    The way we live will be the same
    With others like me, we made our claim
    Fear not the Afterglow, we did choose it in life?
    It's ours forever, our past survives.

    Energy cannot be created
    Neither can it be destroyed
    Our last look at life now leaves us
    For its continuous future into a void

    When Canyons deep join Mountains high
    Heading to join an emboldened sky
    Our Centrifuged mass needs no Undertaker
    Earth and we, on its way to God, our Maker
    ©Bill
    Einstein ?
    Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello. Here's my entry for this writing challenge.

    http://nikhilpant.multiply.com/journal/item/508/Somethings_out_there_Miliis_Writing_Challenge

    I had written it long back and I think I had posted it once before. It goes well with this picture so I'm reusing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. An excellent Write Bill for this image and because you did not post on your page I have posted it under my larger image.
    Thank you I think your poem depicts the image perfectly. Amazing actually how different the interpretations are becoming.
    Nik you interpretation also different from Bill's but non the less compelling writing.
    Thank you both so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. To see my personal creative expression for this image please go to this link..thank you.
    Gator's Triple Play ~ Don't Be Afraid of Something New

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, what a poem by Bill, I'm very impressed by the talent here...

    ReplyDelete