Sunday, January 24, 2010

Images & Words # Week 38~ Vintage Buildings

Images And Words

The Rules:

Each week we will post an original photo with words on it. The idea behind this group is to expand our minds through our photography.

Photos must be your own, but the words can be someone else's as long as credit is given after the words.

Your post can either be serious, or if you'd like comical, but never obscene .

Posts can either have one word on them,quotes, or full poems ... Your choice.

All posts are to be done on your own site in a blog form with a link back to it being left here.

New topics will be posted on Sundays.

Posts can be made through Saturday.

 

 

Vintage Buildings


Photobucket

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Love this shot Milli and Emerson's quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice - wonderful text - good compilation altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those old churches and buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that quote, and I have to agree! Sitting in the church, you seem to absorb some of the holiness and peacefulness about the place. Beautiful photo, Milli!

    Images and Words Week # 38

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something especially holy about those Gothic churches (1890-1940). They have their own, special aroma and invite one truly to cast his/her burdens upon the Lord. And, yes, I, too, agree with Mr. Emerson. Quite often, the sermon seems a distraction in this vintage church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Waldo...it is that silence space that is sacred...lovely shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo, God and nature. I like the quote too. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely framing.
    I like the quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful, love the angle. Just stopping in to give a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An empty Church, and more so a ruined Abbey, positively resonant with radiated holiness for me.
    I once tested myself at Fountains Abbey in Ripon and there is definable boundary where it is first felt when walking towards it. All my senses are 'fine tuned' so maybe not everyone would agree.
    I think a part of it might be due to the number of people buried there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old churches are always so eager to have their picture taken. I like how you shot it through the tree and the quote is great.

    ReplyDelete