Monday, December 7, 2009

Gator's Triple Play ~ Green Door

Did you ever wonder what was behind the

Green Door?

My Friend Peter did and he dared me to find a photo to use that showed the Green Door and to use the Old Song Being sung by Gary Glitter "Behind the Green Door."

I have the photo of the Green door here with our wonderful hostess Nancy showing us what is behind this particular Green Door.

Yes it is a Door leading to lots of fun and laughter and I hope that it fits the bill for the Triple Play This Week.

 

Photobucket

 

Behind the Green Door

Midnight, one more night without sleepin'
Watchin' till the mornin' comes creepin'
Green door, what's that secret you're keepin'

There's an old piano
And they play it hot behind the green door
Don't know what they're doin'
But they laugh a lot behind the green door
Wish they'd let me in
So I could find out what's behind the green door

Knocked once, tried to tell them I'd been there
Door slammed, hospitality's thin there
Wond'rin' just what's goin' on in there

Saw an eyeball peepin'
Through a smoky cloud behind the green door
When I said Joe sent me
Someone laughed out loud behind the green door
All I want to do is join the happy crowd behind the green door

Midnight, one more night without sleepin'
Watchin' till that mornin' comes creepin'
Green door, what's that secret you're keepin'

There's an old piano
And they're playin' hot behind the green door
Don't know what they're doin'
But they laugh a lot behind the green door
Wish they'd let me in
So I could find out what's behind the green door

Saw an eyeball peepin'
Through a smoky cloud behind the green door
When I said Joe sent me
Someone laughed out loud behind the green door
All I want to do is join the happy crowd behind the green door
Wish they'd let me in
So I could find out what's behind the green door

Shakin Stevens Version

Sorry Peter I will have to do a glitter triple play next as I could not find him singing this song.

 

 

21 comments:

  1. Ah! Around 1954 as I remember.
    Working at a Drawing Board all day while moonlighting driving my half share of a taxi up to midnight.
    I made the conditions required for buying our first home in 1956.
    I still have the licence as a souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ....
    Ya got me....
    I'll accept ol' Shakey's version....lol
    ya beat me again Milli....
    with that style and finesse that you have.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great triple Milli, but glad you used Shakin's version of the song, not the pervert's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a truly kewl and inviting image and and a wonderful question posed ..im glad he didnt ask why does the grass grow greener over the septic tank..the music is a delight ..this is really grand and fun entry ..love it milli

    Gator's Triple
    Play #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I wasn't referring to Pete. I meant Gary Glitter.....convicted paedophile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy has such a warm smile that I want to enter! Wonderfully put together! Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Bill you sure worked hard for your Green Door there and as for your souvenir licence did you frame it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading Mitch's comment Peter maybe I will give Mr Glitter a miss eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like ol' Shakin's version Mitch glad you enjoyed too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly am glad you had fun with this too Gary....you guys give me a few laughs BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad of your smile on that dial of yours , Danni.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ange it is great to know that you were having a dance on your seat..LOL... I do that too... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now what are you ladies up to behind that green door Milli? lol
    Great triple play, love the photo and music.

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/558/Triple_Play_17_The_Elf_Speaks_Her_Mind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ain't nothing but great and good coming from this here page. Wonderful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi carol its beautiful track n nice snap..perfect selection ..congrats

    ReplyDelete