Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pictures To Words 16 # Creative Fun ~

Pictures To Words

 a fun site where we play with words

 Each week a different picture is used as a prompt to encourage original creative writing. Anyone can join in. Post your work on your site and then come back and leave a link here so we can find you.

Remember to leave a link to PTW on your site, so others may join in too *You have all week to post*

oOo

This weeks picture is an unusual photo for you to use for your 

creative and fun post.

 

 

Blue monster 

Out Of the Blue.

It was just another encounter, nothing out of the ordinary I thought to myself as I wearily walked along the terrace late in the evening. Or was it?

The day had been full and exciting as a small group of us visited the theatre together for a live show and then refreshed ourselves before catching a tram into the city for a jazz session. Then we visited the other side of town...

The air was crisp and the moon was full

As she beckoned me in to a dimly lit room

I was assured she knew her craft so well

Dressed  in her finery up to the nines

She looked mysteriously dramatic

From what I could  tell

Her accent so thick, it was not very clear

She then sat me down on her brocade lounge chair

And asked me “ Vi R Youz ere Ma Dear?”

I explained that my life was all too lonely

She said “ Ve can remedy zat so eezilee”

I asked “How” she replied "viv ze good spell onlee”

I thought for a moment and had to agree

I needed someone, to truly love me

“Ok!” “ Ok what do I do?” I said to her

Then surprised I was as

She produced some fine cards and shuffled with them

“Zeez r’ speeshol cardz to bring yur loverr in”

With that I then chose five cards from off this fine pack

Passing them to her as she looked at them, she then reclined back

And proceeded to tell me in her accent so thick

That all this will happen, ever so quick

I will be walking along the terrace  quite soon

By chance l will glance a big  purple and blue moon

I will be taken aback and as I begin to swoon

From the sight there in front of my very own eyes

There He will be, big and handsome, a real surprise

She said I will recognise him by the papers at his feet

None of this made sense, and I was feeling some defeat

I paid her the gold coin which she charged for this session

And  slipped into the street to join, a tramcar procession

It was as I wandered along the cobblestone pavement

That I looked into a shop window in total amazement

There smiling back at me was this huge hairy monster

I started to swoon back, because he looked like a gangster

He tapped on the window and beckoned me inside

I thought twice about this, I might miss my tram ride.

Once inside and I noticed he was big and blue

I thought to myself can this really be true

Was it that she said I would meet  a blue monster

Although with an accent so thick I might have miss heard her

Did she mean a Big blue moon or was it she meant

A Big blue monster standing in a shop window and out for rent

It seems it was my fate to be with this monstrous blue guy

Heavens knows what will happen now, I sigh

I rented him out for the weekend you see

And now he says he wishes to stay, right here with me.

I guess now I have my own monstrous blue toy

To cuddle and hug, My  Blue Moonster Toyboy.

Milli 09

 

12 comments:

  1. LOL What did I say - they are slowly taking over and sneaking in everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you asked for it. lol
    I love that song it is my favourite howling,
    Blue Moooooon, you kept me waiting Aloooooooone
    Splosh, just lost a tonsil. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheeeeiiiit........
    I just run outta blue paint.......
    Oh well......
    no Milli cuddles for me then..............
    Ho hum.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL oh Dear Pete you would fit the bill in blue paint LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting story so funny and heartfelt at the same time..................just finished words to some songs for singer in a story written by my man that I called "Blue Moons" set on a purple planet..............should be published this year if its not edited to much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL LOL.. too cute. You're terrific at this. I can't write like you, :(

    otherwise would be interesting to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milli this was grand I will have to see if I can give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Christene and I enjoyed your take on this photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ann anyone can give it a go and usually a short post is sufficient. I took more room up for my little rhetoric, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will wait with blue breath for you Rita LOL.

    ReplyDelete